В этой серии публикаций мы обратимся к текстам для чтения на выпускном экзамене по английскому языку. Сегодня мы разбираем текст из девятого билета Good news for chocolate lovers
Вопросы к тексту Good news for chocolate lovers
1. Read the article and say in 2-3 sentences what it is about.
2. People eat a lot of chocolate. Read aloud the extract which says about it.
3. What health problems do people traditionally connect with eating chocolate?
4. What facts prove that chocolate can be good for our health?
Варианты ответов к тексту Good news for chocolate lovers
1. The main issue of the text is chocolate and how it affects our health. It is widely believed that eating much chocolate will not do you any good. Studies carried out in the USA give no conclusive proof that it is harmful. The author of the text claims the harm eating chocolate does is exaggerating to say the least.
2. It would be difficult to find someone who does not like chocolate. In the United States, chocolate is bought more often than any other kind of sweet. In Britain, each person eats an average of 11 kg of chocolate per year. That is a lot of chocolate! In the US people eat about 200 chocolate bars per second as a matter of fact. People love chocolate so much that they often think it is a bad habit. But there is good news for all chocoholics: eating chocolate does less harm to you than you might think.
3. People traditionally think that such health problems as bad teeth, obesity and acne have something to do with eating chocolate. If you consume something in moderate amounts it is ok. Some chocolate lovers find it impossible to stop overeating but chocolate itself is not to blame.
4. Chocolate may be good because it is a source of protein, vitamins and minerals. They may reduce the risk of heart disease. Furthermore, chocolate can help fight off illness. The pleasure of eating chocolate and even the smell of chocolate may cheer up many people so it has a positive effect on our health even if you ignore its nutritional value.
Обратите внимание на другой вариант ответов к тексту Good news for chocolate lovers. В данном случае в качестве ответов используются слегка измененные предложения из текста.
1. This text is about chocolate and how it affects chocolate lovers.
3. People think that chocolate causes a number of health problems like bad teeth, obesity and skin problems for example acne.
4. Studies carried out give no support to this idea. No difference in the condition was noticed.
Теперь вы готовы к ответам на текст Good news for chocolate lovers?