В этой серии публикаций мы обратимся к текстам для чтения на выпускном экзамене по английскому языку. Сегодня мы разбираем текст из двадцать первого билета Halloween.
Вопросы к тексту Halloween
1. Read the article and say in 2-3 sentences what it is about.
2. The author describes how the ideas of celebrating Halloween came to the USA.
Find this extract and read it aloud.
3. What do adults and children do to get ready for Halloween?
4. Why do many people celebrate this holiday nowadays?
Варианты ответов к тексту Halloween
1. This text is about Halloween and the tradition of its celebration in Europe and in the USA. You will learn about its origin and the predictions made about the forthcoming one. The holiday is gaining popularity all over the world in spite of being gloomy. To my mind, it is rather foolish and freakish.
2. People from Scotland and Ireland brought these ideas with them when they came to America. Some believed that spirits played tricks on people on the last night of October. Historians say many of the Halloween traditions of today developed from those of ancient times. They say that wearing a mask to hide a person’s face is similar to the way ancient villagers covered their faces to make evil spirits go away.
3. Adults and children put on costumes, wear make-up and turn up at Halloween parties. They also do up their homes. Some people put a burning candle inside a hollow pumpkin to frighten off others. It is quite common practice to decorate houses with fake bats, spider webs and so on and so forth.
4. In my opinion people don’t need any excuse for having fun and not getting round to work. Some people like being frightened. It is weird but people find enjoyment in making a fuss about the supernatural. An understandable desire for magical solutions to every day problems may explain why we believe in the things which have been proven not to exist.
Обратите внимание на другой вариант ответов к тексту Halloween. В данном случае в качестве ответов используются слегка измененные предложения из текста.
1. This text is about Halloween, an unusual holiday, and different ways to celebrate it.
3. Adults put on costumes and attend Halloween parties and also decorate their homes with fake bats, spider webs. Children put on masks and go from home to home demanding «Trick or treat».
4. Many people celebrate this holiday just to have fun and enjoy themselves.
Теперь вы готовы к ответам на текст Halloween?
В рамках двадцать первого билета предлагаются аудирование A conversation between a Japanese girl and a journalist и ситуация для обсуждения Let’s talk about travelling and tourism (устная тема, ответы на вопросы).