В этой серии публикаций мы обратимся к текстам для чтения на выпускном экзамене по английскому языку. Сегодня мы разбираем текст из шестого билета Hand made chocolates.
Вопросы к тексту Hand made chocolates
1. Read the article and say in 2-3 sentences what it is about.
2. Why did Jane Turner start her business? Read aloud the extract which says about it.
3. How did her chocolate business develop?
4. What mistakes did she make?
Варианты ответов к тексту Hand made chocolates
1. The main heroine of the text is Jane Turner, an unfortunate businesswoman, who made and sold chocolates and cakes. The past, the present and the future of her chocolate making business are vividly described. One can learn a few useful lessons by reading her story. Setting up your own business is not a bed of roses.
2. First of all, I was not happy in my job. Though it was a well-paid job, the work was very stressful and I had to work long hours. I just wanted to improve the quality of my life. I also wanted to live by the sea again. I knew that it would be difficult to find a good job in this area, so I decided to set up my own business.
3. At first she found a building to house all the equipment. Her sister and a couple of her friends started to work with her and in about six months they started making chocolates and cakes. After the cake business had taken off, they supplied local hotels and restaurants on a regular basis. Then she turned to making chocolates. Having created some chocolates, which were of good quality, she sent some samples to hotels and restaurants. They liked them and place an order. That is how it all started. To my mind, the beginning of it was quite promising.
4. The author suggests that the biggest mistake might have been trying to sell her cakes and chocolates over the Internet, but I am of another opinion. She didn’t work out a sensible plan before starting to sell her chocolates. Expanding business is not a cheap thing but possible revenues may make up for all the troubles.
Обратите внимание на другой вариант ответов к тексту Hand made chocolates. В данном случае в качестве ответов используются слегка измененные предложения из текста.
1. This text is about Jane Turner who started her chocolate making business and why it wasn’t successful.
3. She found a suitable building and installed all the equipment. Her sister and a few of her friends worked with her. After the cake business had started well and they were supplying hotels and restaurants, she started making chocolates.
4. It was expensive to make a professionally designed website. It was expensive to deliver cakes and chocolates. They had to use expensive packaging to protect the cakes and chocolates.
Теперь вы готовы к ответам на текст Hand made chocolates?