Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. My ambition is to be the person in [D] of the whole department.
A)responsibility B)care C)duty D)charge
2. We were [B] wet and wanted a place to change clothes and warm up.
A)soggily B)soaking C)streaming D)absolutely
3. They decided to [C] up a covered walkway to join the two buildings.
A)work B)drop C)set D)bring
4.She decided to appear less in public places.
She decided to [make fewer appearances] in public places.
5. You would work harder earlier than these days.
You [used to work] harder earlier than these days.
6.You have never had such an unsuitable outfit.
This outfit is [by far the most unsuitable] one you have ever had.
7. I was told to do things away in the garage so I [ threw ] on and got down to work at once.
8. She had a date in the evening so she smarten herself [ up ].
9. If you need some money to carry out this experiment you had better turn to a charitable trust which [B] scientific research.
A)pays B)funds C)rewards D)earns
10. Once you have finished looking through these papers you should pile them on top of [one] another.
11. Wanting to compensate it he offered her to go to one of the [C] restaurants.
A)head B)peak C)top D)lead
12. The best [A] to try is in the late morning when you are fully awake.
A)make B)do C)result D)cause
13. It may [B] to be very effective if you dare to try.
A)demonstrate B)prove C)show D)turn
14.You should go to the gym more often to [ work ] off this wonderful but fattening cake.
15. I urgently need your advice to [ plan ] out the event. Ti is both promising and challenging.
16. Give me a call when you [ have ] something of value to offer.
17. If you were more hard working you would have achieved the results [similar] to his. SAME