Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1.People who commit [B] crimes may turn into real criminals.
A little B petty C small D major
2.Where were you during the time in [D]?
A mind B trouble C discussion D question
3.As his sole representative I would give you my agreement.
I would give you my [agreement on behalf of his] sole representative
4. There was a [C] of terror and we all rushed there.
A crash B splash C scream D sign
5.We all were in [despair] and didn’t know what to do. DESPERATION
6. Recent findings [C] what we know about this ancient civilisation. We have to revise our knowledge about it.
A criticise B contrast C contradict D confirm
7. That defeat was the [hardest] blow to our reputation.
8. It was a great song, so [ much ] so that it won first prize.
9. She’s in the last year of her [apprenticeship]. APPRENTICE
10. His research in a similar case is out-dated and [irrelevant] to this particular case. RELEVANT
11. I regret say that to her.
If [only I had said that] to her.
12. She stopped him with a [ wave ] of the hand.
13. She happened to bump [ into ] him years after their first meeting.
14. As you can [easily] imagine, it came to nothing. The plan was rubbish.
15. They wanted to held [ u p ] the bank but they landed in prison.
16. The news was so terrible that she broke [ down ] and cried bitterly.
17. He had never broken any law so he was let [ off ] for the first time.
18. Their firm is our [competitor ] and we will take over them sooner or later. COMPETE
19. Ann has a(n) [wealth ] of teaching experience. WEALTHY
20. They are dying from pure [boredom ]. Let on your secret. BORE
При выделении пробелов, вы можете ознакомиться с ответами.
Первую часть вы найдёте тут. Следующую часть данной серии упражнений вы найдете перейдя по ссылке.