Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. Her books are always neatly arranged [ i n ] the alphabetical order.
2. He was working hard with a(n) [ v i e w ] to becoming a top pupil.
3. She phoned to her friend hoping she could put her [ u p ] for a night.
4. Sleep [deprivation] may have a serious effect on one’s health. DEPRIVE
5. The new headmaster [bore] no resemblance to his predecessors.
6. Her parents didn’t approve [ o f ] her plans for the summer.
7. The girl couldn’t resist the [temptation] to look back. TEMPT
8. The explosion caused widespread death and the [destruction] of surrounding buildings. DESTROY
9. Ann wanted to lead a simple [life] so she resigned and moved to the country.
10. Our last hope, his plan, fell [through] and we had to start anew.
11. Trees need [moisture] in order to maintain their growth speed. MOIST
12. He thinks of everything in [terms] of a possible income.
13. He made a complaint with the [ a i m ] of punishing the rude waitress.
14. The yacht couldn’t leave the harbour due to [ high ] winds.
15. Mary plays the guitar for [relaxation] in her spare time. RELAX
16. Jim ran [up against] various problems after taking over the department.
17. Beware! These chemicals are [hazardous] to human health. HAZARD
18. No doubt she was [seclusive] and wanted nobody’s company. SECLUDE
19. For him, video games are a form of [escapism]. ESCAPE
20. The apartment’s previous [occupant] was a novice painter. OCCUPY
21. A slight [reduction] of overall workload will ease the situation. REDUCE
22. The brakes in this car need certain [adjustment]. You should call the mechanic. ADJUST
23. Study on your own if you don’t want to fall [behind with] the rest of the class.
При выделении пробелов, вы можете ознакомиться с ответами.
Первую часть вы найдёте тут. Продолжение прочтёте по ссылке.