Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. He promised to call [in on] my place one day but we have never met so far.
2. With [regard] to my plans, they haven’t been made yet.
3. It’s high [ time ] you made an effort to get something done.
4. All of a sudden, everything started to go [drastically] wrong. DRASTIC
5. I am broke. I have been out of [work] for a long time.
6. She [ had ] neither a goal nor an ambition and led an aimless life.
7. It may seem promising, but, on the other [hand], the stakes are high and I don’t want to risk.
8. Their works of art will be put on [ show ] in the museum next Friday.
9. Being careless like this does put a(n) [strain] on our cooperation.
10. They decided to [ hold ] a press conference on August 5.
11. It was not a bad day on the [whole]. It could have been better but it could have been worse.
12. In the [event/case] of emergency, call me whatever the time.
13. She looked like [ a s ] though she had met an alien.
14. After [completion] of his training, he was sent on a secret mission. COMPLETE
15. He was made redundant [ a t ] the age of 50. It’s a pity.
16. Make sure we will meet the [ cost ], otherwise we go bankrupt.
17. I [am] not used to working there. It will take me some time to make friends in the office.
18. It was not the best of all but I may say it was a [most] intriguing play.
19. The plot of the film was close to [perfection]. PERFECT
20. The shop had a wide variety of e-readers on [offer] at reasonable prices.
При выделении пробелов, вы можете ознакомиться с ответами.
Первую часть вы найдёте тут. Следующую часть читайте здесь.