Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. I hope we will notice no [climatic] changes in the future. CLIMATE
2. He prides himself on his powers of teaching — or, in [other] words, his being able to teach almost everyone.
3. The noise in the room was [unbearable] that was why I went outside. BEAR
4. I kept my [eye] on him all the week and didn’t notice anything of suspicious.
5. Do you like Jane’s party? — The music was tasteless whereas the [refreshments] were second to none. FRESH
6. You are supposed to be [setting] an example for other kids in the class.
7. The 1960s were an age of [affluence] in the USSR. AFFLUENT
8. Good looks and appearances are [deceptive]. They meant to be so to fool the naive. DECEPTION
9. I would say that it was [unjust] and you should to report on it to the police. JUSTICE
10. Whatever happens, do hold [onto] this map. You will find the lost treasure with its help.
11. The police forces were in hot [pursuit] of the criminals who had held up the bank. PURSUE
12. Any [invader]to our land will suffer grave sequences. INVADE
13. He didn’t feel ashamed [of] his decision. A winner takes it all.
14. Unfortunately Sam was [out of] reach and we couldn’t inform him about the changes.
15. In any [event/case] of emergency, please inform me at once.
16. She quarreled with him over the [injustice] he had done to another person. JUST
17. He was quite experienced to [fall] for his false promises.
18. Mind your [expenses] or you will be broke in no time. EXPEND
19. An accident like this is a(n) [common] sight in our area. We all are used to it.
20. The information from his report was [misleading] and made a mistake to rely on it. LEAD
21. He modeled himself [on] his uncle from Germany who was also keen on traveling.
При выделении пробелов, вы можете ознакомиться с ответами.
Первую часть вы найдёте тут. Следующую часть в серии читайте здесь.