Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. As you are in charge here, let’s design design [draw up] a plan for the place.
2. They are going to shoot a film [A] this location.
A)on B)in C)at D)to
3. The background [B] fell apart during one of the rehearsals.
A)setting B)scenery C)scene D)view
4. The camera [D] did their work well and most people liked the film.
A)party B)workers C)artists D)crew
5. [B] member of the staff was ready to work over time so as to ensure overall success.
A)All B)Each C)One D)Every
6. One who makes [A] attempts that others is more unlikely to succeed.
A)fewer B)less C)little D)much
7. They decided to set out the next day, [D] the weather conditions were not favourable.
A)in spite B)despite C)however D)although
8. We have worked on it [A] time began but we still don’t know what to do about it.
A)since B)from C)when D)as
9. She offered me to [A] us up on the spot and I fell for her promises.
A)sign B)write C)make D)pick
10. My fellow [C] leaned over to me and asked if I liked the girl over there.
A)comrade B)colleague C)guest D)mate
11. Jane [A] us not to take anything there as they wight be either poisonous or explosive.
A)warn B)say C)deny D)refuse
12. People tend to make [assumptions] about those who are different from them. ASSUME
13. They made an attempt to [B] my purse while I was talking to a shop assistant.
A)rob B)steal C)burgle D)disuse
14. She was [B] in broad daylight and they had made off before the police came to help.
A)hijacked B)mugged C)shoplifted D)kidnapped
15. As time goes by your pain will wear [A] and you will completely forget about it one day.
A)off B)in C)over D)down
16. I put some of my winter things in [storage]. They will be of no use in spring. STORE
17.The study was [spacious] and comfortable to work in. SPACE
18. The research tries to establish a(n) [relationship] between the results of experiment and various factors. RELY
При выделении пробелов, вы можете ознакомиться с ответами.
Первую часть вы найдёте тут.