Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. Ann was trying to work [ up ] enough courage to go to the dentist.
2. BFF stands [ for ] best friends forever.
3. Could you hold [ on ]? I will be back soon.
4. He couldn’t get [away with] little dirty tricks and had some problems with police.
5. He remember that she had brought [ up ] this problem before.
6. Her rude behaviour put me [ off ] the idea to date with her.
7. How long will your money hold [ out ]? You should be more economical.
8. It was a good plan, but it didn’t quite come [ off ]. The results weren’t inspiring.
9. Jim wasn’t cut [ out ] to be an administrator so he found another job.
10. Kate ran [ up ] a lot of debt on her numerous credit cards.
11. Marry took [ in ] the dress so that it hugged her body.
12. Mike ought to be put [ away ] for a very long time as he is a threat to society.
13. No… They have put the prices [ up ] again. I have to save up to buy it.
14. The alarm should go [ off ] automatically as soon as any movement is detected.
15. They called [ for ] certain changes but she refused to listen to them.
16. They had to fall [ back on ] their reserves as other variants didn’t give much income.
17. You shouldn’t trust him. Collin can easily go [back on] his promises.
18. Having committed such a serious crime he got [ off ] with a light sentence. I can’t see how it happened.
19. The rain seemed to have set [ in ] for the day.