Предлагаем вашему вниманию упражнение по мотивам ошибок, допущенных участниками районных олимпиад по английскому языку.
Упражнение по материалам для подготовки к олимпиадам
1. I am not … of your success at the final exam.
[B] A safe B confident C secure D definite
2. The famous mappet show has … the country with great success.
[C] A visited B brought C toured D run
3. A certain tag was … to each item of clothing in a warehouse.
[D] A related B connected C linked D attached
4. His firm occupies the … floors of the building.
[A] A upper B over C higher D taller
5. … are often deceiving and it takes time to know a person better.
[C] A glasses B looks C appearances D attractions
6. I don’t think you’ll ever get her … to your proposals.
[D] A approval B consent C confirmation D agreement
7. Take my … and stay in. The weather is so unpredictable in early Autumn.
[B] A notice B advice C suggestion D information
8. Did she … resign from her office?
[C] A genuinely B truly C actually D positively
9. Because of … weather conditions they decided to put off the trip.
[D] A heavy B cruel C mean D severe
10. Let me know if you … any problems after your recent operation.
[D] A create B bear C stand D experience
11. If you see Jinny, please … her out to Smith.
[C] A speak B pick C point D show
12. Is this agreement still …? Can I rely on it?
[B] A due B valid C worthy D valued
13. Unless you put much … into your work you will not succeed.
[A] A effort B labour C task D attempt
14. Fans were hoping to catch a … of the singer as he left for the airport.
[D] A look B glance C sight D glimpse
15. Crowds of … come to Rome every year.
[D] A passers-by B viewers C onlookers D sightseers
16. John decided not to renew his … to Sci Fi.
[D] A fee B fare C prescription D subscription
17. What … did you mean by suggesting lowering costs?
[D] A distinctly B essentially C particularly D exactly
При выделении пробелов, вы можете ознакомиться с ответами.
Первую часть вы найдёте тут. Продолжение серии вы найдете по ссылке.