В этой серии публикаций мы обратимся к текстам для чтения на выпускном экзамене по английскому языку. Сегодня мы разбираем текст из восьмого билета Pablo Picasso
Вопросы к тексту Pablo Picasso
1. Read the article and say in 2-3 sentences what it is about.
2. The most famous painting of Picasso is Guernica. Read aloud the extract about it.
3. Where did Picasso learn to paint?
4. Picasso worked in different styles. Which styles are mentioned in the article? What are their typical characteristics?
Варианты ответов к тексту Pablo Picasso
1. The text is about one of the greatest artists of the 20th century, Pablo Picasso. He is best known for his painting style called cubism. The text is a description of different periods of Picasso’s artistic life provides us with information about his famous masterpiece Guernica. I wouldn’t say I am fond of cubism but there exist loads of people who like him and his works of art.
2. In 1936 Civil War broke out in Spain. During this period he painted his masterpiece Guernica. It shows the terrified people of the ancient Spanish town which was bombed during the Civil War. Picasso was shocked by this inhuman act and in his painting he shows people running in the streets and screaming with their mouths wide open. To display his sadness and anger he used only black and white as well as shades of grey.
3. His father, who was a drawing teacher, gave him some introductory lessons. Then he became a student of an art academy in Barcelona. Like a true artist he learnt more from his own experience rather than from lessons he attended. I reckon, a genius needs time to develop not lining up instructions to make every pupil alike.
4. Before his friend’s untimely death he painted life as it was around. His Blue Period was a reaction to his loss and is characterised by grey and blue tones. The Rose Period is the time when Picasso used rose, pink and brown. At that time he mostly depicted circus life. Living in Paris he began experimenting with what is now known as cubism. Almost everything in cubism is represented in terms of geometric forms, which look like a weird puzzle. His pictures are an intellectual challenge to take on, calling for exploration.
Обратите внимание на другой вариант ответов к тексту Pablo Picasso. В данном случае в качестве ответов используются слегка измененные предложения из текста.
1. The text is about Pablo Picasso the artist experimented in different styles and changed the world of art.
3. Pablo joined an art academy in Barcelona in 1895. Later they moved to Paris that was the centre of art and literature at that time.
4. One part of his career is called his Blue Period. He painted his pictures in grey and blue tones.
Later he used rose, pink or brown. This period is called the rose.
Теперь вы готовы к ответам на текст Pablo Picasso?