В этой серии публикаций мы обратимся к текстам для чтения на выпускном экзамене по английскому языку. Сегодня мы разбираем текст из тринадцатого билета Shakespeare’s portrait?
Вопросы к тексту Shakespeare’s portrait?
1. Read the article and say in 2-3 sentences what it is about.
2. The author gives some facts about Shakespeare’s life. Find this extract and read it aloud.
3. What facts prove that the painting can be a portrait of William Shakespeare?
4. Why do some people doubt that this is a portrait of Shakespeare?
Варианты ответов к тексту Shakespeare’s portrait?
1. The text is about a painting which is thought to be that of Shakespeare’s. Though he is famous relatively little is known about his life and appearance. The lack of information arouses some suspicion about the portrait authenticity. The author of the article tries to solve this mystery.
2. Shakespeare was born in the town of Stratford-upon-Avon in England in 1564. He left the town when he was about 20, leaving behind a wife and three children. After this period he worked as an actor and writer of plays in London. In 1594 he helped form a new theatre company and wrote plays for the next 20 years. After this he retired to Stratford-upon-Avon where he died in 1616. He is buried in a local church.
3. The painting has been analysed using various techniques and methods. The research suggests that it might have been painted in 1610, when Shakespeare was 46 years old. The portrait itself was once in possession of Earl of Southampton who gave him financial support. It may not be a broad hint but some clue.
4. Some people doubt if the writer actually existed and it was he who did write the plays attributed to him. It is a small wander they treat the portrait with suspicion. The reason is that there is little information about him, his life and portraits. Some people think that the Janssen portrait may have nothing to do with the famous writer. Wild guesses are a common place when people have no convincing facts.
Обратите внимание на другой вариант ответов к тексту Shakespeare’s portrait? В данном случае в качестве ответов используются слегка измененные предложения из текста.
1. This text is about one picture, which have been found. Experts say is a picture of William Shakespeare’s, the world’s best-known writers.
3. When Mr Cobbe went to a Shakespeare exhibition he saw a painting of Shakespeare which was similar to the one owned by his family. The portrait has been dated and X-rayed. Experts believe it was painted in 1610.
4. Some experts say there is no proof that the Janssen portrait is a picture of Shakespeare.
Теперь вы готовы к ответам на текст Shakespeare’s portrait?