В этой серии публикаций мы обратимся к текстам для чтения на выпускном экзамене по английскому языку. Сегодня мы разбираем текст из двадцать пятого билета Surprise party.
Вопросы к тексту Surprise party
1. Read the article and say in 2—3 sentences what it is about.
2. The author describes the preparations Liz made for the birthday party. Find this extract and read it aloud.
3. What did Andrew ask Liz for?
4. How did Andrew feel at the party?
Варианты ответов к тексту Surprise party
1. The text describes the preparation of a surprise party. A surprise party is a party that is arranged for someone who does not expect it. A party is expected to come as a surprise to him. To my mind it is wise to talk through any actions when other people are involved.
2. Liz was just finishing the final details for the surprise party she was planning for her husband. She had been thoroughly preparing for this event, designing every aspect of the party from the invitations to the food, and she was very excited about it. Family members whom Andrew hadn’t seen in years were flying in from Poland in a few days. Liz had tracked down several college friends, and they were coming from various places across the country. A band and dancers were invited.
3. Andrew asked Liz not to throw a surprise party. She was shocked as she had done a lot to organise it. She decided to carry out her plan despite her husband’s wish.
4. At first he was embarrassed and at a loss for words. He was not grateful to her as she had broken her word but he changed his mind later. They danced all night long. I am sure he liked the surprise party and wouldn’t mind other surprise parties to follow.
Обратите внимание на другой вариант ответов к тексту Surprise party. В данном случае в качестве ответов используются слегка измененные предложения из текста.
1. This text is about a special kind of event, a surprise party, how to organise it.
3. He said that he didn’t want anything special done for his birthday.
4. At first he was shocked and angry. He did not like being surprised. As they danced the whole night, he must have liked the party.
Теперь вы готовы к ответам на текст Surprise party?
Первую часть данной серии публикаций вы найдёте тут.