Предлагаю вашему вниманию список тем с вопросами, которые предлагались для обсуждения на республиканской олимпиаде по английскому языку в цикле 2011-2012 годов.
Список устных тем на олимпиадах по английскому языку.
Устные ситуации на олимпиадах по английскому языку для 11 класса
1. Describe a film that produced a great impression on you.
1. What films are you ready to see more than once?
2. How do you choose the film you want to see?
3. Who is your favourite actor or actress?
4. Do you think people will ever stop going to the cinema?
2. Family ties are the strongest.
1. Which do you think is better: to be an only child or to have siblings?
2. What family traditions do you have?
3. Do your parents always understand you?
4. What does it mean
3. Describe a person who has greatly inspired you.
1. Have you ever talked to a well-known person?
2. Who do you think can be called an outstanding person?
3. What famous public figures of Belarus do you know?
4. If you had a choice to be rich or famous, which would you choose?
4. Excellence only comes with hard work. Do you agree?
1. How do you prepare for your tests at school?
2. Describe your favourite teacher.
3. Is it always necessary to understand what you learn?
4. Do you have a good memory for figures, dates and words?
5. When there is a wish there is a way.
1. What are your main ambitions in life?
2. What is the most effective way to remember new study material?
3. What is more important for success — natural abilities or hard work?
4. What is the most challenging thing in learning English?
6. Hardships in life only make us stronger.
1. Do you believe in bad luck?
2. What are the three wishes you’d like to come true?
3. What is the best way to avoid difficult situations in life?
4. How would you describe a successful person?
7. Friendship is one of the treasures in life.
1. Is it possible to be friends with your parents?
2. What is your best friend like?
3. What is the best way to make friends?
4. Is it possible to have no enemies?
8. Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body.
1. Will reading books ever be substituted by TV or computers?
2. What kind of books would you never read?
3. What book would you take with you on a long journey?
4. Who is your favourite author?
9. Describe your life in ten years from now.
1. What jobs will be in demand in the nearest future?
2. What is your greatest ambition in life?
3. Do you always plan your day beforehand?
4. How do you usually spend your spare time?
10. Life without planning is inefficient.
1. How do you usually plan your weekday?
2. What do you do with your free time?
3. What are your household chores?
4. Do you make plans for your weekends in advance?
11. Life without hobbies would be dull. Do you agree?
1. What are your friends’ hobbies?
2. What is the strangest hobby you have heard of?
3.Is it necessary to learn how to make things with your own hands?
4. What hobby would you like to have in addition to the one you already have?
12. A man’s house is his castle.
I. How does your home reflect your personality?
2. Do you help your parents with housework every day?
3. Who are you always happy to sec in your house?
4. How do you manage to make your home cosy?
13. Speak about the house of your dreams.
1. Who would you like to share your house with?
2. Have you ever been homesick?
3. Would you be able to live abroad?
4. How does your home reflect your personality?
14. He who knows how to work, knows how to rest.
1. Do you always do everything on time?
2. What things do you do most willingly?
3. What holidays do you celebrate in your family?
4. What is the best way to relax after hard work?
15. Knowledge is the source of power.
I. Who is the most knowledgeable person you know?
2. Would you say that computer games are a waste of time?
3. What do you think is the main achievement of modem science?
4. Do you think people have become dependent on modem conveniences?
16. An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
1. Would you say that you eat healthily?
2. What is the best way to keep fit?
3. Describe your favourite meal.
4. Do you like your school dinners?
17. Speak about your favourite form of art.
1. How often do you go to the theatre?
2. Are you fond of painting?
3. What kind of music do you prefer? Why?
4. Who is your favourite actor?
18. People ought to think of this planet as their home.
1. Who must take care of nature?
2. What measures can reduce air pollution in big cities?
3. What is the ecological situation where you live like?
4. What do you do to protect nature?
19. What traits of character help realise a person’s talent in your opinion?
1. What do you do to achieve your ambitions?
2. What is more important for success — natural abilities or hard work?
3. Who is the most admirable person you have ever met?
4. Do you have bad habits you would like to get rid of?
20. How would you describe an ideal family?
1. Do you have secrets from your parents?
2. Is it better to be an only child in the family or to have brothers and sisters?
3. What is the role of the family in the life of a person?
4. What should be done to avoid misunderstanding in the family?
21. Better late than never.
1. Are you ever late?
2. How do you see yourself in ten years’ time?
3. If you could change one thing in your past, what would it be?
4. What things do you usually put off as long as possible?
22. East or West — home is best.
1. Is there a place where you always feel like at home?
2. If you had a chance to travel for free, where would you go?
3. Describe your longest journey.
4. How long does it take you to get homesick?
23. Haste makes waste.
1. What advice would you give a person who is always late?
2. Do you feel you have enough time for everything you want to do?
3. Why do you think punctuality is important?
4. How do you usually save time?
24. Lost time is never found again.
1. How do you usually save time?
2. What are the most time-consuming activities for you?
3. What do you usually do in your free time?
4. How do you usually plan your day?
25. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
1. Who is your best friend?
2. What does it take to be a good friend?
3. Are your parents your friends?
4. What common interests do you have with your friends?
Другие списки тем для обсуждения на олимпиадах по английскому языку вы найдете тут.