Предлагаю вашему вниманию список тем с вопросами, которые предлагались для обсуждения на областных олимпиадах по английскому языку в цикле 2014-2015 годов.
Список устных тем на олимпиадах по английскому языку.
Устные ситуации на олимпиадах по английскому языку для 11 класса
1. There is no place like home. Do you agree?
1. Would you prefer to live in a small town or a big city?
2. If you could travel to an exotic place, where would you go?
3. What souvenirs would you buy for the guests from other counties?
4. If you were a tour guide, what places would you show in Belarus?
2. You are going to interview a sports celebrity. What questions will you ask?
I. What is your favourite sport?
2. What do you think are the disadvantages of professional sport?
3. What sport would you never do?
4. It’s not fair that football stars get so much money, is it?
3. Speak about friendship in your life.
1. Is it possible to have many true friends?
2. What do you think about friendship in the social networks?
3. What makes people become friends?
4. Is it possible to have no enemies?
4. Describe your life in five years from now.
1. What advice can you give to someone who is a workaholic?
2. What is your greatest ambition in life?
3. What professions are in greatest demand in your opinion?
4. How do you usually spend your spare time?
5. Speak about the role of hobbies in people’s lives.
1. Is it possible for a hobby to become a profession?
2. What is the strangest hobby you have heard of?
3. Is it necessary to learn how to make things with your own hands?
4. Playing computer games is not a hobby, is It?
6. Describe the house or the flat where you live.
1. How does your home reflect your personality?
2. How do you help your parents with housework every day?
3. Describe the house of your dreams.
4. How quickly do you get homesick when you travel?
7. Speak about the role of education in modern life.
1. Good education dorm’s guarantee success m life, does it?
2. How is education different now from 20 years ago?
3. Would you prefer to study at home or abroad?
4. How can you use foreign languages in your future career?
8. Speak about the importance of a healthy lifestyle.
1. What kinds of sport do you enjoy?
2. Do you think professional sport is good for one’s health?
3. Do you think you could become a vegetarian?
4. What are your school dinners like?
9. Life without planning is inefficient. Do you agree?
I. How do you usually plan your weekday?
2. What do you do with your free time?
3. What are your household chores?
4. Do you make plans for your week-ends in advance?
10. Speak about your favourite form of art.
1. How often do you go to the theatre?
2. When was the last time you went to a concert?
3. What kind of music do you prefer? Why?
4. Who is your favourite actor or actress?
11. How would you describe an ideal family?
1. Do you have secrets from your parents?
2. Is it better to be an only child in the family or to have siblings?
3. What is the role of the family in the life of a person?
4. Why do people suffer from generation gap problems?
12. Speak about different ways in which you save time.
1. How much time do you spend playing computer games?
2. What are the most time-consuming activities for you?
3. What do you usually do when you want to relax?
4. How do you usually plan your day?
13. Speak about your best friend.
1. It’s impossible to be friends with your parents, is it?
2. What End of person would you never be friends with?
3. Do you make friends easily?
4. Do you trust your first impression of a person you meet?
14. Speak about activities you like doing together with other people.
1. If you need same advice, who do you usually go to?
2. What kind of things do you prefer to do on your own?
3. Do you think mass media can make people think alike?
4. Describe a recent project or an activity you did in a team.
15. Speak about your idea of a perfect holiday.
1. Describe the worst holiday you have had.
2. Do you prefer active or passive holidays and why?
3. What is the most tiring activity for you?
4. What is the most relaxing activity for you?
16. Speak about your future career.
1. What would be the most boring and the most exciting job for you?
2. What are the most popular jobs nowadays?
3. Would you continue to work even if you had a lot of money?
4. Does a good education guarantee a good job?
17. Speak about your main goals in life.
1. What would be important for you — money or job satisfaction?
2. How can you use foreign languages in your future career?
3. What is more important for success — natural abilities or hard work?
4. What is the most challenging thing in learning English?
18. Imagine you are a film director. What film would you shoot?
1. What films are you ready to see more than once?
2. How do you choose the film you want to see?
3. Who is your favourite actor or actress?
4. Do you prefer watching films in the cinema, on TV, or online?
19. Hardships in life only make at stronger. Do you agree?
1. Do you believe in bad luck?
2. What are the three wishes you’d like to come true?
3. What is the best way to avoid difficult situations in life?
4. flow would you describe a successful person?
20. You are a tour guide. Where would you take foreign tourists?
1. What places in the world would you like to visit and why?
2. Would you like to be a volunteer at a big sporting event?
3. Describe your longest journey.
4. When on holiday, do you lie on the beach or go sightseeing?
21. Speak about the ecological situation in Belarus.
1. What can be done to reduce the air pollution in big cities?
2 What do you personally do to protect the nature?
3. Why is it necessary to recycle paper, plastic and metals?
4. What do you think about eco-tourism?
22. Speak about the changes your would introduce in your school if you were the director.
1. Describe your average school day.
2. What are your favourite subjects and why?
3. What should an ideal teacher be like?
4. What feelings do you have about leaving school?
23. Speak about the places you would like to visit in Britain.
1. Who do you prefer travelling with?
2. What things do you always take with you when you travel?
3. What sights in Boleros would you show to a British tourist?
4. What mode of transport do you prefer and why?
24. Describe the best way to organize a birthday party for your friend?
1. Describe the last party you went to?
2. What family traditions do you have?
3. What kinds of dishes can you cook yourself?
4. When you go out with friends, where do you usually go?
25. You have a task to create a website. What website will it be and why?
1. In what way can the Internet be dangerous?
2. How would your life be different without the Internet?
3. Is shopping online better than traditional shopping?
4. How do you use the Internet to learn English?
26. Speak about the role of sport in people’s lives.
1. Do you prefer to play or to watch sports and why?
2. Do you feel like doing individual or team kinds of sport and why?
3. What are the advantages and disadvantages of professional sport?
4. What features of character do you drink sport cultivates in people?
27. Speak about the job you would like to have in future.
1. What is more important for you in a job: money or satisfaction?
2. Would you like to follow your parents’ footsteps in terms of your profession?
3. Hy. inherited a lot of money, would you still work?
4. Where can you get advice about your figure career?
28. Describe a book that produced a great impression on you.
1. How many books do you have at home?
2. How do you choose the book you want to read?
3. Who is your favourite writer?
4. Do you prefer e-books or paper books?
Другие списки тем для обсуждения на олимпиадах по английскому языку вы найдете тут.