В этой записи вам предлагается тест по фразовому глаголу hold по мотивам материалов учебника Round Up 6. С теоретической частью вопроса можно ознакомиться здесь.
Тест по фразовому глаголу hold
1. The pessers-by were ordered to hold … and not to interfere the investigation.
[B] A)down B)off C)over D)on
2. He looked rather helpless and she had difficulty holding … her laughter.
[A] A)back B)out C)up D)in
3. They came to the conclusion that they should hold … the press conference.
[C] A)off B)out C)over D)down
4. The robbers held … the bank and vanished. They police haven’t found them yet.
[C] A)on B)into C)up D)back
5. Always hold … your way and live your life to the full.
[A] A)on B)back C)up D)over
6. I need to concentrate on the task. Could you hold … the music?
[D] A)out B)off C)at D)back
7. She promised not to hold … anything and toll the truth.
[D] A)to B)off C)up D)back
8. He tried to hold everything … but some facts were printed in the press.
[B] A) B)in C)of D)down
9. You had better hold … the rules or you will be in trouble with your supervisor.
[D] A)back B)away C)by D)to
10. They stood in silence, holding … and knowing how to break the ice.
[A] A)back B)into C)round D)in
11. I doubt if they will hold … for another week. I think they will have surrendered by the end of the week.
[B] A)through B)out C)over D)down
12. I’m not sure if the theory will hold …, but it seems promising.
[C] A)in B)on C)up D)to
13. The manager was talking with another client so I had to hold … .
[D] A)out B)into C)of D)on
Первую часть заданий данной серии вы найдете по ссылке.