В этой серии публикаций мы обратимся к текстам для чтения на выпускном экзамене по английскому языку. Сегодня мы разбираем текст из восемнадцатого билета The most difficult language?
Вопросы к тексту The most difficult language?
1. Read the article and say in 2-3 sentences what it is about.
2. The author explains why people find Chinese a very difficult language to learn. Find this extract and read it aloud.
3. What factors play an important role in learning a language?
4. Why do British diplomats find it difficult to learn Hungarian?
Варианты ответов к тексту The most difficult language?
1. The text has something to do with learning foreign languages. The author carries out some analysis trying to figure out why some languages are difficult whereas some are easy to learn. The main question goes as follows which language is the most difficult.
2. Many people answer that Chinese is the hardest language to learn possibly influenced by the thought of learning the Chinese writing system. The pronunciation of Chinese appears to be very difficult for many foreign learners, too. However, for Japanese speakers, who already use Chinese characters in their own language, learning this language will be less difficult than for speakers of languages using the Roman alphabet.
3. There are many different factors to be taken into account when it comes to such a complex thing like learning a foreign language when you are a grown-up. Some say that living in a place where the target language is naturally spoken may do the trick. It works when you are under 6, otherwise you’ll never pass off as a native speaker. When you are in your teens other factors become more important. In my opinion, willingness to master your language skills is the key factor. Teaching methods and teachers themselves are no longer as important as they used to be. Nowadays you can find whatever you need on the Internet. Unless you give in, the sky is your limit.
4. British diplomats had difficulty in learning the Hungarian language due to its being grammatically different from English: it has 35 grammatical cases. I reckon it takes them much time to get used to the reality of this language.
Обратите внимание на другой вариант ответов к тексту The most difficult language? В данном случае в качестве ответов используются слегка измененные предложения из текста.
1. This text is about foreign languages and the reasons why they can be difficult.
3. The bigger the differences between the languages, the more difficult it will be for most people to learn a new language.
4. They found Hungarian the most problematic as it has 35 grammatical cases.
Теперь вы готовы к ответам на текст The most difficult language?