В этой серии публикаций мы обратимся к текстам для чтения на выпускном экзамене по английскому языку. Сегодня мы разбираем текст из двадцать третьего билета Village with history of a city.
Вопросы к тексту Village with history of a city
1. Read the article and say in 2-3 sentences what it is about.
2. The author tells us when Rakov was first mentioned in the chronicles and some facts about the town’s history. Find this extract and read it aloud.
3. What museum is situated in Rakov?
4. Why will it be interesting for people to visit Rakov?
Варианты ответов к тексту Village with history of a city
1. Rakov which is a village now used to be a town. What is more, it was the centre of a whole county, with a castle. Is it interesting enough to start a virtual tour around such an unusual place. The text will take place of our guide and provide us with interesting facts.
2. Rakov was first mentioned in written chronicles in the 15th century — noted as a placе owned by the great Lithuanian dukes. 150 years later, it became a town at the centre of Rakov county, with a castle, governor and constitution. A famous Belarusian nobleman and composer Michal Oginski also owned Rakov county for some time.
3. A complex of several-storey red-brick buildings, constructed in an unusual style, situated in Rakov, houses a museum and an Art Gallery of Felix Yanushkevich. You don’t have to go as far as the Tretyakov Gallery to enjoy Felix’s pictures. They are displayed in his art gallery.
4. Those who are tired of typical tourist destinations will gladly head for this off the beaten track place. I am afraid that the museum and the art gallery are the main landmarks in this unusual village, but they will be enough to entertain their visitors.
Обратите внимание на другой вариант ответов к тексту Village with history of a city. В данном случае в качестве ответов используются слегка измененные предложения из текста.
1. This text is about Rakowv and its history and landmarks.
3. It’s a museum and a gallery which shows Felix Yanushkevich’s works
4. A complex of several-storey red-brick buildings stands out against the village’s architectural landscape. Many people will enjoy seeing this unusual village with the history of a city.
Теперь вы готовы к ответам на текст Village with history of a city?