Закрепите свои знания о фразовом глаголе HOLD вместе с Virginia Evans FCE Use of English 2. Выучите предлагаемые глаголы и выполните упражнения к ним. С теоретической частью вопроса можно ознакомиться здесь.
Упражнение на фразовый глагол HOLD
1. We didn’t know how much longer we could hold [out] against their fierce attacks.
2. She held [back], terrified of giving the wrong answer.
3. He was busy talking on the phone when I came so I had to hold [on].
4. The criminal who had held [up] the bank earlier this week were caught yesterday.
5. The spy must have held [back] some important information when he was caught.
6. Winter is coming and I am afraid that our supplies will not hold [out].
7. Jane was trying to hold [back] her feelings though she was ready to cry.
8. Something must have held [up] him. He can’t be late for no reason.
Ответ видны при выделении блока [ ].